Within the Construction environment, think about buying materials, managing big projects, ensuring health and safety and customer service.
At any given time, you’ll find us working on some circa 400 developments in both towns and rural areas across the UK, and every one poses unique challenges. Some are from scratch on brownfield sites; others see us adapting existing buildings, like old factories or disused hospitals. We need people who can bring us fresh ideas and imagination on one hand, and the commercial ability to manage people, budgets and costs on the other.
It is testament to the professionalism of our construction teams that for an unprecedented eleventh year, Site Managers have won more NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards than any other housebuilder.
Summary of the Role:
To assist the Site Manager in managing the development of the site through to completion, ensuring that Programme and Quality and Cost targets are achieved in accordance with the build programme, through the effective management of the Site team and subcontractors.
What will I be responsible for:
- Support the Site Manager in coordinating trades, direct labour and materials to meet the production programme.
- Working in conjunction with the Sales Team, ensure that regular Sales/Build meetings are attended, all Sales/Build procedures in the company “blue books” are adhered to, and inspections of all show homes are carried out.
- Accept responsibility for such duties and responsibilities as the Site Manager may determine; in particular, as and when required, deputise for the Site Manager.
- Support the Site Manager, in ensuring that the on-site Construction team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site’s workload and resources.
What about the benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Flexible Benefits
- 25 days holiday