You are the right hand man or woman to our Restaurant Managers, as an Assistant Manager to help to run our multi-million pound restaraunts. You will be in charge of team engagement and helping your team achieve amazing results! Your job involves running the restaurant, coaching the team, controlling the business and most of all making sure every customer that walks through our doors is wowed by an amazing experience!
What would you be doing?
As an Assistant Restaurant General Manager for KFC, you will assist the RGM in the day to day management and leadership of the team. You will supervise shifts to ensure that sales, profitability and standards are maximised and all Company policies and procedures are followed. You will proactively coach and support the team at all opportunities.
Key job functions include:
- Create a customer focused environment which is appealing to KFC’s diverse customer
- Manage all customer complaints in line with company policy, escalating issues to Area Coach, where appropriate.
- Assist the RGM in rigorous completion of period restaurant evaluation Action Plans, completing actions in a timely manner.
- Regularly review customer experience reports. Develop and communicate a period action plan, utilizing relevant company tools to ensure the restaurant is consistently achieving the company standard.
- Support and assist the RGM in follow up on any issues arising from EHO audits; following plan to ensure action is taken in a timely manner.
- Ensure that litter patrols are carried out as required on each shift
- Ensure that restaurant cleaning plan/rota is adhered to
- Through exceptional operational standards and a ‘maniacal’ approach to customer service, consistently seek to maximize the sales in your restaurant. Set and communicate Bold Sales Goals to the team, striving to consistently exceed sales targets.
- Understand your local competition and assist your RGM in increasing visibility within the local community to ensure awareness of any common issues, competitor activity or forthcoming events that may impact your business.
- Support and assist your RGM in Building Know How of surrounding KFC restaurants, sharing best practice across area and region.
- Develop a strong sales culture in your store, setting team members and team leaders clear sales targets for every shift.
- Manage team member incentives and drive regular recognition in store.
- Points of sale to be up to date at all times and team trained on all new products enabling them to drive sales.
- Support and assist your RGM in maximizing the profitability of the restaurant by understanding and controlling all restaurant costs (e.g. labour, food). Monitor daily, weekly and periodically to ensure alignment to AOP targets.
- Support and assist your RGM in the development of a strategy to maximize profitability of your restaurant, regularly reviewing and adapting in line with business needs. Accurately forecast sales and labour to reflect trends and promotions.
- Actively utilize system reports and company tools to guarantee 100% product availability, investigating and following up on all discrepancies.
- Assist the RGM in completing weekly labour schedules to ensure all shifts properly staffed/managed and ensures that labour costs are in-line with budget
- Complete all shift/daily paperwork and assist the RGM in the completion of the weekly and monthly paperwork
- Ensure that the correct level of supplies are ordered, deliveries checked and that stock levels are monitored on a daily and weekly basis and any discrepancies fully investigated and reported
- Ensure that the correct volume of product is prepared to meet the level of business and that the product control sheet is accurately maintained
- Ensure that all cash handling and in-store banking procedures are adhered to at all times
- Deputise for RGM when required, completing relevant tasks.
- Accurately complete management schedules one month in advance and submit to Area Coach.
- Ensure that any problems that you cannot deal with are referred to the Senior ARGM, RGM or AC, if RGM unavailable
How KFC are you?
Are you a bright, spirited person who loves to get stuck in, ask questions and support the people around you? Better still, are you energetic, do you like to smile and have fun together, even when things get tough? Loads of different people make KFC what it is today (the most popular chicken restaurant in Britain!) and they all play a huge part in our success from the managing director to our cooks.
So what’s our Secret Recipe? Why are we So Good?
We are Customer Maniacs. That means our customers are number 1.Whilst restaurant experience is fantastic, we are always on the lookout for individuals with a passion for people and strong leadership qualities. Recognition is not just about rewards and incentives, it’s the bedrock of our culture. It is about saying thank you to people for going above and beyond and for always striving to achieve their best.
- Do you have a strong instinct for all things commercial and are you always looking for ways to drive sales and boost the business?
- Are you passionate about developing teams to be the best and recognise a job well done?
- Will you be confident in communicating with the business, sharing ideas, feedback and best practice?
- Will you ensure that all statutory and company health, safety and food hygiene regulations are followed?
We’re passionate about learning!
It's not about where you are today, but where you're heading. We give everyone the opportunity to progress in the direction they want to go, with the training to help them do it. We are the first restaurant company to work with City and Guilds to create an advanced apprentice scheme.