Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Galliford Try Facilities Management are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team supporting the commercial team out of our FM Bailleston office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Manager by effectively managing the day to day commercial aspects and resources of the Galliford Try Facilities Management projects in the region in order to ensure the success of the project objectives, to maximise profit and ensure the delivery and success of the GTFM business plan.
- Maintain Galliford Try commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit
- Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
- Ensure the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts including variations, claims and disputes
- Ensure the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business
- Ensure the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business
- Main robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets
- Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to the projects to ensure that Galliford Try's position is protected
- Assist the bid team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work
- Demonstrate a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and work as part of the project delivery team
- Early identification of business risks in projects throughout the life of the existing and future projects from pre-contract to close and ensure that risk management, risk registers and contingencies are in place to manage and minimise the risks
- Ensure that materials and sub-contract services are procured in an efficient manner with organisations that are capable of carrying out the work and in accordance with best practice, legal requirements and the Galliford Try supply chain policy
- Work with the GallifordTry supply chain and self-delivery team to promote and measure continuous improvement in the profitability, costs, quality and learning of all parties, whilst fairly allocating risks and rewards
- Conduct all duties in a manner compatible with Galliford Try health,safety and environmental standards
- Take up a key role in negotiations with internal and external clients, customers and/or their consultants with a view a win-win outcome.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar role within the FM, construction or civil engineering industry gained with a main contractor industry would be advantageous
- Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Able to work independently using own initiative as well as part of a team of surveyors and project managers
- Analytical with the ability to quickly assimilate information with an attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate commercial knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge of procurement sub-contractors and the monthly measurement cycle associated with this
- Excellent IT Skills
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Galliford Try provides all-encompassing facilities management solutions to clients in the corporate, property and public sectors. We deliver a comprehensive range of hard and soft facilities management services comprising of mechanical and electrical maintenance including specialist equipment, building fabric maintenance, cleaning, catering, security, energy and waste management.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community