Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Responsibility for the planning management and coordination and control of projects, working closely with a range of individuals both internally and externally, to achieve a successful project outcome.
- Work together with Sales team to generate proposals and associated pricing against assigned enquiries ensuring that appropriate technical input is obtained where required.
- Maintain and develop business relationship with new and existing clients and seek opportunities to secure new and repeat business.
- Establish full project plans including scope capture, timelines, critical path assessment, contingency planning, and communication planning and contact matrix.
- Instigate project plans for individual development projects (project initiation) and maintain these for the duration of the projects.
- Ensure that any out of scope activities are identified and captured with the client in an appropriate format.
- Monitor and report the progress of individual projects to the client and the project team (as agreed in the communication plan) and provide timely update where project changes or issues arise.
- Continuous contact with client via email calls and teleconferences.
- Facilitate and lead project calls and meetings throughout the project, providing agendas and issuing of meeting and call minutes. Including onsite meetings which should be coordinated by the project manager. Capture all decisions, action items and follow up items during project life cycle.
- Coordinate project review meetings to ensure all relevant staff are updated with the progress of projects
- Co-ordinate the ordering of materials with the project team.
- Provide financial information for projects to facilitate sales forecast and invoicing.
- Ensure that any supporting items being provided by external suppliers or sub-contractors are managed.
- Analytical skills to identify problems and find very quickly solutions, workarounds
- GMP experience preferred
- Customer oriented
- Good level of previous project management experience
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Being able to multi task and help support the wider team when required.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.