Arup is a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts. We use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
This is a brilliant opportunity to build a creative career designing and delivering exciting work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
You'll work with Project Managers in the management of projects from the beginning through planning, design, construction and handover. This will involve developing detailed plans for the delivery of projects and oversee progress during implementation. The projects you will work on will be developing our city regions and providing vital infrastructure for future generations.
You'll be working collaboratively with teams of specialists to solve complex problems, assisting with the preparation and management of contracts and coordinating project resources.
The projects can be very varied in size, location and complexity. For example, they may involve highways, bridges, airports, ports, rail schemes, major buildings and site development projects across the UK.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
As an Apprentice, Arup will develop your competencies in the following areas:
- Project control
- Risk / opportunity and issue management
- Budgeting and cost management
- Information management and reporting
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Client focus
- Managing project scope
- Managing project schedule, quality and resources
- Problem solving
These skills will be developed through practical on-the-job training, working with experienced commercial and project managers across the business and classroom-based training.
You will be assigned a mentor within your team who you will work and liaise closely with you in your day-to-day work.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
We're looking for a dynamic and dedicated individual to join us as an apprentice.
If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the design-engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following attributes and skills:
- Enjoy working with numbers
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
Desired qualification requirements:
- Five or more GCSEs (grade C/4 or above) including English and Science
- Grade B/5 or above in Maths at GCSE
- A minimum of two A Levels (ideally one being in Maths or Physics but not essential) OR a relevant Level 3 qualification
Monday to Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer],
[With block release for training and exams]
£19,400 per annum
Benefits of the role/ Future prospects:
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.