Title: Assistant Project Engineer (Roads Value Stream)
Business area: Highways
Kier Strategic Highways are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Engineer (Roads Value Stream) to join our Area 3 Contract. The Assistant Project Engineer, based at Easton
Lane, will assist with activities relating to the study, design and/or construction of Highway Maintenance schemes to the Clients requirements.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
- Assistance in design of elements for motorway and trunk roads projects, valued at up
- to £5m.
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate own workload for the team including other disciplines
- Assist with project administration
- Prepare specifications and schedules
- Meet targeted deadlines
- Provide solutions to design & construction problems
- Ensure compliance with Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and CDM procedures
- Provide support & guidance to design & delivery teams
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Skills and experience required:
- Appropriate qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Ideally some experience of working within a Civil Engineering design environment,
- preferably on a high speed Network.
- Computer literate with competent ability and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Good
- communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.