We’re recruiting for an Assistant Productivity Surveyor with the strategic mind and drive to deliver the best for our customers and our business. You’ll exemplify our commitment to Health & Safety, and ensuring quality and best practice will be second nature to you.
You’ll be joining a business that thrives on achieving results that benefit people and communities, and offers fantastic opportunities for career development.
What you’ll do:
- Provide up to date information on production and costs of self-delivered elements to allow Estimators to quote accordingly.
- Review Labour requirements, rates and capability to give confirmation that rates used, and resources are available.
- Review resource levels regularly and always manage work force levels accordingly ensuring there is an efficient workforce.
- Consult with the Labour & Productivity Manager and respond to feedback from the operations teams on the overall performance of resource including Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- Prepare / Pre-set targets for contracts as appropriate to the type of work i.e. remeasurement, per unit etc within tender allowances.
- Calculate productivity and bonus payments on a regular basis, for directly employed and labour only sub-contractors.
- Site measurement of works and reconciliation with allocation and time sheets submitted.
- Review and report Labour costs vs tender allowances, noting areas for recovery and/or feedback to Estimating.
- Compliance with the Labour Management Process Reporting 1. Production of weekly payment reports and monthly management reports (Labour cost versus tender)
- Production of project labour cost reports.
- Review current and sourced workforce meets or exceeds the minimum competence levels for activities.
- Monitoring of performance and assisting with resolving areas of underperformance.
- All deadlines for payments and reports must always be stringently adhered to.
What you’ll need:
- Relevant industrial experience whether a trades background or office based
- Preference for HNC Construction Management or Quantity Surveying
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy
People are at the heart of everything we do and achieve at Robertson. To fit right into the team, you’ll be committed to understanding the needs of our customers and show positive determination, working collaboratively towards our shared goals; get the best from teams and individuals, be confident in your decisions, and calm and quick to adjust to unexpected challenges; and help us make progress towards the best, most sustainable future, for ourselves and our communities.
Company: Robertson Group
Closing Date: 17th January 2021
A full Job Description is available on request.
The working hours for this role are 38.75 per week
Robertson is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.