BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
The key function of the role is to manage the day to day production activity of a team within the department ensuring client commitments are met. You will also support the team manager in managing all aspects of team performance including line management of staff as agreed with the line manager and check and oversee the work of team members.
The Middle Office department core function is to provide administration activities which support our clients start of day position.
The department exists to provide our clients with a middle office trade management services to capture, match, settle and report all trading activity on their behalf. A key aspect of the role is to ensure that all trades are reflected correctly for accounting purposes as well as manage 3rd party broker and custodian relationships The trading activity supported trade management is as follows:
Matching, settlement and reconciliation of Securities FX and money market products; FX requirements relating to share class hedging, asset hedging and cash management.
The Cash Processing team form part of the Treasury department and is responsible for reflecting cash postings on our accounting platform for delivery to our clients. They are also involved in instructing cash payments via SWIFT.
Client Service Delivery and Controls
· To ensure a high quality client service is delivered to all clients.
· Ensure the service level provided by the team adheres to the client service delivery agreements.
· Ensure adherence and development to core standard operating models.
· Provide support for marketing and client development and be an ambassador for BNP Paribas.
· Build strong, professional relationships with clients at all levels within the team.
· Develop internal stakeholder relationships with the wider team as well as general business support including but not limited to Fund Accounting, Product, Human Resources, Client Development and Compliance.
· Support the development of external counterparty relationships e.g. brokers, custodians & industry bodies.
Continuous Improvement & New Business
· Develop and implement improvements to systems and processes in support of client requirements and BNP Paribas Securities Service strategic objectives.
· Develop and implement resilient processes and systems to support new/changes to business products including mandatory changes to market/governance and regulations.
· Lead the team to innovate & challenge status quo within the governance and framework of our change program.
· Be a subject matter expert in your team.
· Evolve and oversee the risk and control framework to manage risk effectively & efficiently within the team.
· Ensure an effective and robust governance structure is in place for the team.
· Ensure compliance and adherence to the department procedures and control framework.
· Ensure appropriate business contingency plans are in place for service delivery.
· Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate operational risk.
· Ensure that internal and external audit/compliance/risk requirements are met.
· Support measurement and management of unit costs within the team.
Strategy and Governance
· Contribute to raising the profile of the UK branch of BNP Paribas Securities Services.
· To assign resources within the team work schedule in line with team competency matrices
· To actively manage the team competency matrix ensuring individual team members are supported in obtaining core competency targets
· To perform line management responsibilities for individual team members at administrator/fund accountant and senior administrator/senior fund accountant level
· Support team recruitment, conduct interviews and lead on the onboarding process
· Ensure sufficient people development and staff training is in place to maximise performance; this includes providing regular coaching and development
· Ensure appropriate T&C oversight within your team
· Adhere to HR policies and guidelines
Skills & Experience Required
· Extensive experience working within a Trade Management capacity
· Strong risk management awareness.
· Proven experience in a cross functional (Business and IT) business process analysis.
· Involvement in or lead on change initiatives.
· Strong client service skills.
· Market expertise.
· Familiarity with financial services.
· Experience of managing team members or workload within a team.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.