|Job Title||Assistant Manager - Tax Valuation Services|
|Service Line||People Services|
|Service Line Information||KPMG's People Services practice is a dynamic and successful area of our Tax, Pensions and Legal Services business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, People Services can offer a very broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people. Our People Services practice encompasses a wide range of areas across Global Mobility Services (GMS), Employer Reward Services (ERS) and Technology. Our GMS team assists organisations to manage their globally mobile workforce. For our clients we provide a single source of advisory and compliance experience covering all aspects of global mobility and international assignments. Services range from international tax compliance and consultancy, advising on international social security and pensions through to helping clients to design their global mobility policies or move into a new territory. Our ERS team brings a number of key elements under one umbrella, Reward, Employment Solutions and Employee Benefit Solutions all delivering a wide range of services. The scope is broad, covering payroll and HMRC compliance, employee reward and benefit strategy design including technology, executive strategic reward, valuation services, workforce management and advice on national minimum wage and gender pay gap. Our technology team provides cutting-edge solutions and tools to help clients in both the GMS and ERS space, helping them meet their compliance requirements, work more effeciently and minimise their risk.|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
|Job Description||The Role |
- Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
- Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
- Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
- Support the delivery of valuation projects within budget and timeframe under the assistance of a Manager or Senior Manager.
- Provide an analysis of the particular company / business being valued using business analysis techniques.
- Draft comprehensive valuation reports with the assistance of a Manager or Senior Manager.
- Liaise with both the internal and external client to ensure that the two way flow of information runs smoothly.
- Research the background of the particular company / business being valued, identifying broadly comparable quoted companies, identifying and analysing sales data and calculating exit multiples. All this is done using a wide range of research tools including OneSource, LexisNexis, Hemscott and Datastream and our dedicated offshore research team.
- Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
- Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
- Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
- Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
Ideally, candidates should have experience of:
- Valuations under ITEPA for management incentive plans;
- Valuations of shares and other assets such as intangibles for tax purposes;
- Preparation of valuation models using DCF and other quantitative valuation approaches (option pricing theory etc.);
- Preparation of valuation reports and letters for UK tax purposes; and
- Experience in dealing with HMRC’s Shares and Assets Valuation team.
- IFRS 2 valuation experience is beneficial but not essential.
However, candidates with a basic understanding of valuation techniques, a strong sense of commercial awareness of how businesses operates and enthusiasm to learn will also be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- Confident communicator
- Strong excel skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to operate in a project driven environment
- A good understanding and broad range of transferable tax experience would be an advantage
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
|Our Deal||If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally. |
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
|Flexible Working||While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. |
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy