Would you like to join the UK’s fastest growing toy retailer and join us on our mission to be the best loved toyshop?
We are currently looking for a Assistant Manager to join us in Southport on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £21,700 per annum plus fantastic benefits.
The Entertainer is a family run business and one of UK Retail’s success stories with over 160 stores in the UK and a rapidly growing online and international business. We have opened over 30 new stores in the past two years and we have ambitious plans for further growth.
Toy retailing is demanding, hands on and fast paced but also fun and every day brings new challenges. So to be successful you must be a competitive, and commercial manager with that retail ‘trader’ instinct. You should also thrive operating in a volume driven, highly seasonal trading environment.
Sunday Times Top 100 employees to work for. We really care about our people, our customers and the communities in which we trade, offering you a friendly, supportive culture where training and development is put first to help you ‘aim higher’ in your retail career.
In return for your hard work and commitment as our Assistant Manager you will fantastic benefits such as:
- Annual Profit related Bonus scheme
- No Sunday trading
- 20% Toy Discount
- High Street & Leisure Discounts
- Payroll Giving
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Life Cover 4 x Salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
Whilst supporting the Store Manager, your duties and key responsibilities as our Assistant Manager include;
- Working with your team to offer exceptional levels of customer service supported by brilliant product knowledge
- Implementing and executing regular promotional changes and delivering excellent merchandising standards on the shop floor
- Developing & coaching your team to deliver fantastic sales
- Building external relationships to market your store and grow sales
What we’re looking for in our Assistant Manager;
- You need to be positive and people focussed whilst being excited about our brand and ranges
- An ability to work with a high Sku count in a non-planogrammed merchandising environment
- Tech savvy and confident with new technology
- Resilient and adaptable with an ability to plan and deliver operational activity under pressure
- Have great leadership and people skills to be able to drive, develop and motivate your team to become The Best Loved Toyshop
Ideally you will be currently working as a Branch Manager, Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager, Sales Manager, Department Manager for a customer focused retailer looking for a new career challenge.
So if you think you know your Power Rangers from your Fingerlings and you feel you are a competitive and commercial retailer then please apply today with up to date CV to become our new Assistant Manager.