|Job Title||Assistant Manager - Pensions - Centre of Excellence- Birimingham|
|Service Line Information||At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
|Job Description||We are now looking for talented Audit Assistants and Assistant Managers with audit experience to join us on either a full-time role or on a rotation programme. This will involve working closely with professionals in audit or pensions and other specialists based in all of KPMG’s UK offices, along with our offshore team (who assist with the delivery of the work). The role will consist of working to tight deadlines and deliver a seamless service to clients of all sizes from mid-market to FTSE listed groups and across a wide range of sectors.|
You will be expected to deliver the pensions audit process from planning through execution, completion, review and to conclusion across a portfolio of clients and will be responsible for interfacing with audit teams, internal specialists, external experts and audit clients pensions teams.
We are offering both full-time and part-time roles with flexible working arrangements. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
Location: All UK
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility to work across a portfolio of clients and ensure timelines are met to deliver an excellent service to our clients.
- Maintain regular, open and honest communication whilst working together with the lead audit team.
- Understanding and challenging the risk assessment for each client, ensuring the extent of work is appropriately scoped.
- Lead by example working as part of a PCoE team.
- Develop the skills and experience of others within the PCoE team.
- Complete audit work and ensure it is delivered to a high quality in accordance with KPMG Audit Methodology.
- Reporting to audit Managers and Directors on all salient points arising from the audit procedures performed.
- Visits to clients/ local offices as necessary.
- Seek the facts to provide insight and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists to prepare or review analysis.
- Develop and improve the standardised work programmes.
- Follow KPMG values.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CA or equivalent)
- Hold at least two years’ experience in audit.
- Experienced in review and development of underlying working papers.
- Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Well-developed team working skills with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals (internal of external) at different levels of seniority.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The desire to work in a diverse environment and undertake new challenges.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service to clients (internal and external).
|Our Deal||If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally. |
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
|Flexible Working||While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. |
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy