|Job Title||Assistant Manager - Pensions Audit - Birmingham|
|Service Line Information||At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
We are currently looking for multiple qualified accountants at Assistant Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Birmingham.
KPMG is one of the leading Audit and Assurance practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. As a member of our team you will benefit from extensive training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in regulation, accounting and auditing standards.
As an Assistant Manager you will be expected to lead the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. You are required to possess well developed supervisory skills, including coaching and project management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing those that work with you (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and completion of audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
- Keeping Managers and Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing reports to senior client management and audit committees.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for the client.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and helping to identify sales opportunities within your client base.
Qualifications and Skills:
The Assistant Manager candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent) is essential.
- Significant audit experience for pension schemes.
- Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP, Pensions SORP.
- You will possess well developed supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
|Our Deal||If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally. |
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
|Flexible Working||While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. |
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy