Job Title: Assistant Manager International Tax Advisory & TP
Business Unit: International Expansion, Bristol
Department: Tax Advisory
Reporting to: Director/ Head of International Tax Advisory
Purpose of Role:
Ranked among the top four corporate service providers globally, Vistra is a versatile group of professionals, providing a uniquely broad range of services and solutions through our three business divisions; Corporate & Private Clients, Alternative Investments and International Expansion. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, we employ over 4,000 professionals across over 46 jurisdictions throughout the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Pan Asia Pacific.
- The role is an advisory role. Provide advice within a team environment on international tax and business matters for clients in a range of industries including software, hardware, telecom, semi-conductor, financial services and Higher Education sectors
- Research and prepare advice and services across multiple jurisdictions on core international tax areas including Corporate Tax, Permanent Establishment, TP, WHT etc.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance on the full range of Indirect Tax issues to internal and external clients. Typical technical areas of advice include VAT recovery, place of supply, transfer of a going concern
- Provide Corporate and Indirect tax audit support and to assist in the preparation of data, supporting documents and applicable correspondence, to be sent to tax authorities conducting tax reviews, enquiries and audits
- Work alongside Tax Managers and Tax Directors in serving as trusted tax advisor and business partner to clients and prospects, building advisor-client relationships
- Assist in simplifying complicated and inter-related technical issues into digestible and understandable client action plans – for example, supply chain analysis and application of points of taxation
- Keep up to speed with tax changes across small portfolio of countries - identify and communicate new advisory opportunities to existing client base
- Ensure key deliverables of peers/team are actioned to a set standard
- Support and liaise with key stakeholders to gain clarity regarding terms of service to be delivered by International Tax team
- Able to communicate with senior client employees with the appropriate credibility and gravitas
- Assist with and facilitate meetings (including teleconferences) dealing with demanding or technical issues.
- Assist with delivery of training to team members and co-ordinate with Training Department
- Encourage continuous improvement by monitoring international tax changes
- Organized and results-driven, able to work in team managing multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CA/CPA or CTA (or equivalent)
- Self-starter with strong influencing and negotiation skills, keen to develop new technical skills
- 2+ years relevant international experience working in corporate tax/VAT environment, or Big 4 / mid-tier accounting/tax/professional services firm
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and related IT programs