|Job Title||Assistant Manager - External Audit - Birmingham|
|Service Line Information||At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
|Job Description||In the UK, KPMG audits more listed companies than any other professional services firm. Our success and reputation rests upon the quality and integrity of our services - not to mention our people. Rest assured; you will be working as a highly valued member of our 3,000 strong UK Audit practice. |
Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. As an audit assistant manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Many of our clients are international and have subsidiaries all over the world, giving our work a truly global perspective. We are looking for qualified accountants, currently in an external audit role, to join our team in the Birmingham office.
Roles and Responsibilities
Planning and project managing all aspects of external audits including:
- Staffing Risk assessment Systems, controls and substantive testing (including audits of consolidations and statutory accounts)
- Ensuring projects comply with KPMG and International Auditing Standards
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager and partner
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Report writing for Audit Committees and management
- Identification of ways to differentiate KPMG - how can we bring new and innovative ideas to our clients
Qualifications and Skills
- ACA, ACCA qualified or recognised equivalent
- Previous external audit experience gained in at least a Top 10 or mid tier accountancy firm
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must be able to demonstrate a good and detailed working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
Experience and Background
We think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people with the following skills and characteristics to join us:
- Commercial focus
- Ability to think big picture, out of the box
- Strong technical skills
- Accountability and decision making ability
- Attention to detail, organised with a commitment to quality
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities and a commitment to personal development
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
|Our Deal||If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally. |
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
|Flexible Working||While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. |
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy