Assistant Manager – Holmfield Day Centre & George Hythe House
£20,715 - £24,668 per annum, pro rata + enhancements for night working
Part Time (15 hours per week)
Help our client to provide “More homes, great services, better lives”
Our client is looking to recruit an assistant manager to manage Holmfield Day Centre and co-ordinate activities across the teams at the day centre and at George Hythe House.
You will need to be caring, energetic and organised in order to fulfil this role. This is a fun, varied and rewarding role that involves helping to develop a range of stimulating activities for residents.
Ideally, candidates will have previous experience in organising activities for groups of people and the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team.
Management of staff, good IT and organisational skills are also essential for the role.
Holmfield Day Centre is a purpose built centre supporting people with various disabilities including dementia. Their newly built ‘reminiscence village’ has been designed in the grounds of the day centre to provide a passage back in time, to a place that will be easily recognised by those living with dementia. It is a quiet and reflective space for their day visitors.
George Hythe House is a 43 bed, residential care home for elderly people with various disabilities including dementia.
All successful candidates will be required to work on a shift basis over a 24 hour period including weekends, bank holidays and sleep- in’s; a 33% bonus is paid for waking nights and double time paid for Christmas and New Year shifts. In addition, an allowance of £36.24 also paid for sleep-ins.
Closing date: 18th November 2018
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 28th November 2018.
Want to know why you should work with our client?
*10 Great Reasons to work with our client:
- Competitive salary (higher than other providers in the area)
- Free Health cashback plan; claim up to £100 for dental treatment, optician fees and other benefits
- 28.5 days statutory annual leave (rising to 30.5 days after 5 years) + bank holidays
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Reward and recognition for staff who go the extra mile
- Staff social activities sponsored by the organisation
- Free Enhanced DBS where applicable
- Benefits scheme offering discounts and cashback at high street shops and major supermarkets, gyms etc.
- £250 for referring external candidates for a Care Assistant or Support Worker role
- Free confidential access to 24hr assistance program for counselling, advice and support
All correspondence will be via your registered email address. All shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake an assessment.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.