Are you looking to progress your geotechnical career and gain the breadth and scale of skills you need to become a market best, delivered by working alongside key market specialists and blue-chip companies? To enable this, you will need to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation with a market leading pedigree, with the breadth and scale of projects and specialists to challenge and develop you.
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, highly skilled and solution focused Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist graduate to join our London office and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
- Site based support of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors.
- Field work including soil logging, geotechnical soils testing and scheduling.
- Data collation, review and interpretation.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative desk study and ground investigation reports.
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
- Relevant technical degree e.g. civil engineering, engineering geology or other related discipline.
- A higher degree in geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable.
- Knowledge of a varied range of geotechnical assessment and design such as earthworks and remediation, earth retaining structures, slope stability assessment, ground improvement/treatment works, or shallow and deep foundation design.
- Geological mapping to derive and develop ground models, preferably with an understanding of the engineering relevance.
- Report writing including presenting complex technical information in a concise and accurate manner.
- Data handling, including experience in the use of GIS is desirable.
- Post-graduation experience in the field of geotechnical engineering or engineering geology is desirable.
Skills / Attributes
- Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively.
- Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of your role.
- Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.