If you have experience in people management and great customer service skills, an Assistant General Manager role with Copart could be perfect for you.
The Operations Team within Copart handle more than 400,000 vehicles a year across 15 locations throughout the UK. Our teams process a significant volume of accident damaged vehicles which range from cars to LGV's on behalf of insurance and automotive customers in order to deliver industry leading service levels day in day out. With Copart's extensive inventory housed across several hundred acres, our Operating Centre's are fundamental to the life cycle of every vehicle that Copart Auction and remain the heartbeat of the business.
As an Assistant General Manager, you will support the General manager in taking ownership of a Copart Operation Centre leading a team of people to ensure the Operation Centres success and will be a role model to the team by living and demonstrating or values.
Through a management team under your direct leadership you will inspire & motivate your whole team to ensure the efficient operation of your Operation Centre and the achievement of Key Performance Indicators and Profitability of your Business against expectations.
- Coaches, Trains, develops, challenges and supports the facility management teams to succeed and grow.
- Creates a team that achieve more, personally and together, in terms of delivering financial and operational performance.
- Ensures colleague engagement is high through using colleague surveys to create and action plans to improve across all measures of engagement and Celebrate Our People.
Drive operational service
- Understand operational metrics and levers and ability to interpret reporting and data. Lead, challenge and motivate your team through performance management discussions leading to consistent service standards.
- Monitor service levels across the facility, challenge underperformance and ensure appropriate actions are taken to get results.
- Comprehensive plans for service delivery and recovery ensuring that service standards are consistently met and promptly recovered when challenged.
- By being an owner, deliver financial performance that meets or exceeds plan for revenues and costs.
- Builds a mindset in the team around understanding the cost of quality, takes ownership for managing spend in line with budget.
- Ensures performance in quality and behaviours is of the highest standard and uses data to inform where areas are underperforming and takes appropriate action to improve.
Drive continuous improvement
- By challenging the norm, foster a culture in your team of looking for ways to improve service delivery.
- Effectively manage change, takes ownership for change, ensuring the company agreed change is positively communicated, embraced and embedded whilst service standards are maintained.
- Acts with integrity and plays a full role in meetings, 1:1s etc, which is collaborative and challenging to build the overall capability of the team.
Cross functional team working
- An effective contributor to the success of the Regional Team through challenge and support.
- Doesn't act in isolation is competitive but not in a way which is destructive, ensures that facility success contributes to national success.
- Recognises and values the contribution made across the business and works to build cross-functional relationships.
Assistant General Manager | Management | Operations | Mentoring | Customer Service | Change Management | Automotive | Reporting | Analysis | Communication | Leadership | Staff Development | Performance Management | Budget Control | Inventory Management | IOSH | People Management
Monday to Friday working / 28 days holiday / Discounted Company Shares (after qualifying period) / Company Sick Pay (after qualifying period) / Discounted High Street Shop Vouchers / Family fun days
- 2 years + of relevant experience.
- Proven track record of good people management and communication and excellent leadership skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude - must be able to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be computer literate.
- Customer service focused.
- Team Management experience in an environment where strict H&S processes must be enforced and adhered.
- Proactive, can use initiative.
- Can develop a team and introduce new working practices.
- Demonstrable understanding of the automotive service industry.
- 1-3 years of automotive, inventory management or warehouse experience.
- IOSH qualification.
Copart was founded in the USA in 1982. Copart is a NASDAQ listed company and currently operates in more than 200 locations in 11 countries and has over 125,000 vehicles up for auction every day.
We work with many of the world's leading insurance, finance houses, banks, and automotive dealers, fleet and rental car companies who rely on our combination of our advanced technology, robust processes and our people to deliver industry leading performance. Our continued investment in innovation and our customer-centric approach means we deliver bespoke solutions tailored to the specific needs of all our clients, and Copart is looking for the right people to join our team.
32,000.00 - 35,000.00 per year