At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Assistant Financial Controller (Slough)
Would you love to be a part of a multi national, multi lingual team, delivering first class service to our many and expanding customers? Are you interested in working in world class financial services? Are you looking for a new role that gives you something new to do every day?
This may be just the job for you...
Here at Lonza we have an exciting opening for an Assistant Financial Controller to join us on site in Slough on a full time, permanent basis.
The Slough Assistant Controller is the finance Business Partner for key departments (Engineering, Quality, Enabling functions) responsible for the Financial Control, Planning and Analysis of Primary Costs, FTEs and CapEx. They are an apprentice for the Slough Operations Controller and acting backup. This role supports the Operations & Development teams to ensure the delivery of business objectives through the provision and interpretation of key management information.
Delivery of services in this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Business Partnering and financial control activities to support Engineering, QA, QC and Enabling functions (EHS, OE, HR)
- Act as apprentice to the Operations Controller to learn the role and execute tasks on a rotational basis (e.g MPR analysis, Flying Carpet, Outlook) and act as back-up
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and mid-term plan and monitor and understand progress of actual data versus planned data and drivers for underlying variances. Working with stakeholders to clearly communicate and maximise opportunities.
- Strategic initiatives and projects to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function
- Monitor status of Shared Service Centre reconciliations and reconciling items which could have an impact of future results
- Evaluates procedures employed in various departments and functions as to the adequacy for internal control (ICS) purposes
You will have gained experience/knowledge of the following:
- Degree educated
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent)
- Experience in finance controlling roles within a plant level manufacturing space.
- Experienced SAP/BW user
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Advanced Excel knowledge (Pivots, Vlookups, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience of•Standard labour and machine hours•Calculation of Activity Rates•BOMs and Routings•Setting standard costs•Standard Cost Variance accounting and investigation (PPV, Spending, Process Order) including Process Order review•Inventory accounting•System Inventory Obsolescence calculations
- Business Partnering & relationship building
If you’re a proactive, enthusiastic and organised person who’d like to hear more about this fantastic role, get in touch.