Is now the time for a new challenge? Join us on this journey – people first!
At Cycas Hospitality, we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too. Our focus is to put PEOPLE at the heart of everything we do. We believe in hiring the smile and training and developing talent to create genuine and caring teams who come to work to have fun.
The new-build 144-room Ibis Bridgwater – due to open in January 2021 – will be managed by Cycas Hospitality and is Cycas’ first property under the Ibis name by the Accor brand. The five-storey property will incorporate a ground-floor restaurant named the Keepers Kitchen & Bar, and meeting facilities. We are located just moments from Junction 23 of the M5 and only 12 miles from Hinkley Point Power Station, the hotel will be a timely addition to the areas infrastructure as it undergoes significant development with the construction of Hinkley Point’s new power station, the construction of the Gravity business park and continued growth in tourism and industry in the area.
If you have an inner drive to love what you do – and do it well - and you strive to provide the best hotel experience so your guests can pursue their personal & professional passion, then please read on as you’re somebody we want within our Ibis team.
At Ibis by Accor, we’re always looking ahead; We place people at the ‘Heart’ of what we do; We are refined; and We stand by our commitments.
Assistant Financial controller will manage the day-to-day accounting procedures of the hotel and act as business support to the other departments by streamlining processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency. The AFC will be the link between the General Manager, the insourced accounting team and the Regional Financial Controller. You will be playing an important role in the opening of a stunning hotel and will have the opportunity to shape the way you are controlling both costs and policies.
- Reporting to the General Manager
- Point of contact for insourced accounting and Regional Financial Controller
- Business partner to all departments and HODs
- External suppliers, incl. Accor.
Preopening: Assist in completing IBIS hotel opening onboarding work in a timely manner. Assist GM with pre-opening cost projections and ensure spend is kept in line with the pre-opening budget. Ensure all property related licenses are set up before hotel is opened. You will be assisting GM and Regional Financial controller in completed all pre-opening finance tasks.
Purchasing: To guide the Heads of Departments to ensure that all purchase orders are entered in the hotel’s procurement system and approved according to the Procurement Policy.
Coordinate and initiate cost control procedures in different departments and make suggestions towards improvements.
- Accounts Payable: to manage the AP up to the payment cycle performed by the insourced accounting:
- invices are matched with purchase orders and delivery notes
- cding on the invoices in accordance with Cycas’ Chart of Accounts
- scanning f invoices
- supplier management
- cash flw projections
- Storage & Inventory: to assist F&B with storekeeping, cost control and monthly stock counts
- Payroll: to participate and assist in the payroll processes.
- Income Audit: to ensure accuracy of Night Audit and daily closures and review of rebates, discounts, refunds and in-house entertainment.
- General Cashier: to assume responsibility over cash handling by overseeing the cash floats and petty cash and ensure that money is deposited promptly.
- Reporting & Financial Records:
- supprt GM and insourced accounting with the Month-End process
- Prduces yearly Budgets and Weekly & Monthly forecasts by establishing schedules, collecting, analysing financial data.
- maintain and keep all financial recrds and files and contracts secure and organized
- Perfrm any other tasks as assigned by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Prtects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Implement and uphld all finance policies and report any irregularities
- Always cmply with the company’s corporate code of conduct
- Familiarizatin with our winning ways which link to the desired behaviours that we expect all our employees to display
- Desire and ability t improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training
- Ability t work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures, and countries
- Pr-actively pursue all practices in-line with company environmental initiatives
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in a hospitality company is required by all employees.
- Hotel industry experience is essential for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting is a plus - but not necessary
- Experience with hotel software such as Opera (PMS) and Micros (POS)
- Well versed with MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Strong communicator and team player
- Organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment
- Desire to learn and develop
- Fluency in English
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Customer Service experience, preferably in an Accor Brand, but not essential
- 3 year’s previous experience of a management/supervisory role
- Experience within Bar & Restaurant Operations is desired
- A good working knowledge of Opera PMS & EPOS systems is desirable
EXCELLENT COMPANY BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Exclusive employee discounted rates to Accor and Cycas hotels
- Continuous paid Training and Development opportunities
- Free Healthcare plan
Cycas Hospitality is a gift for any hospitality professional. Over the past 10 years we’ve created an innovative hotel management company.
This is your opportunity to shine and be a part of something great. If you believe you have what it takes and want to be a part of our team, then we want to hear from you!
Please apply in writing by email attaching your CV along with your current salary and notice period.
We are waiting to hear from you.
***All offers of employment is conditional on the receipt of two satisfactory references being obtained from the referees provided to us on your application and proof of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.***