We have a new opportunity at Saga Group for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join the team based in Enbrook. You will join us on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract and receive a highly competitive salary of up to £25,000 per annum and benefits.
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
About the role:
As our Assistant Financial Accountant, you will play an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the AICL function of the business.
In return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Accountant:
- Support the Assistant Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly management accounts, including the preparation of key reconciliations and the posting of journals
- Posting of the General Ledger for Cash Payments and Reserves for all claims accounts on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation and maintenance of claims creditors and income for motor and home coinsurance claims accounts
- Preparation of Financial Statements for co-insurance agreements and quota share arrangements
- Proactively monitor and review controls for breaches and effectiveness
- Investigate and propose solutions to possible areas of risk
- Aid the Assistant Finance Manager in the production of statutory deliverables including: Solvency Returns; Corporation Tax computations; VAT Returns; IPT Returns and Levy Returns
- Support the business in monitoring and managing relationships with preferred suppliers, including audit of appropriate financial processes and information
- Creation and posting of 1Insurer and Homeflo payment runs
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries from the Operations departments requiring urgent resolution
Other responsibilities include: Financial auditing of internal processes; liaising with other Group functions as appropriate; preparation of financial management information; ad-hoc financial and operational projects
Experience and skills required to be our Assistant Financial Accountant:
- Good Excel skills
- Good technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to quickly digest detailed and complex information
- Insurance knowledge an advantage
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and work to specific deadlines
- Studying AAT or have a degree relevant to accountancy and finance
- Good communication skills, both verbal and through presentation of written data
- Motivated and passionate about delivering a quality product
- A good team player who is also well able to work independently when required
If you would like to join our team as our Assistant Financial Accountant, or find out more information, then please click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.