Are you a part qualified accountant?
Do you want to join a dynamic AIM listed company?
At CVS Group we are one of the largest integrated veterinary groups in Europe with a turnover in excess of £400M, over 500 veterinary practice sites across the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands and 6500 employees. Alongside veterinary practices, we also operate pet crematoria, laboratories, a distribution centre, an online business and buying groups.
Within this role you would be the Assistant Finance Business Partner for our Purchasing and Animed Direct divisions. The principal responsibility to assist the Finance Business Partner for the National Division to enable them to provide support to the Director of Product, Buying and Logistics.
The principal aspects of the role are:
- Supporting the Finance Business Partner (National) in ensuring the division have effective finance business partnering support to help them drive the business forward
- Review the financial ledgers and make appropriate adjustments where required through accruals and prepayments
- Assist the Finance Business Partner (National) by identifying trends to help make adjustments to the monthly management accounts where appropriate
- Production and review of the monthly profit and loss accounts
- Liaising with the divisions to provide commentary on the monthly performance to allow the Finance Business Partner (National) to have clear and concise information to discuss with the Director of Product, Buying and Logistics
- Assist the Finance Business Partner (National) in ensuring the month end time table in completed in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Support the Finance Business Partner (National) in the provision of financial forecasting, decision making support and commercial analysis
- Support the Finance Business Partner (National) in annual budget process and forecasts where required
- Work with the Finance Business Partner (National) to help ensure high levels of compliance and financial control, including assisting the Finance Analyst to develop and implement improvements in processes and procedures
- Seek continuous development and improvement in client service and processes
- Work with immediate and wider finance team to share ideas and suggestion to improve the Finance Support to CVS
- Deputise for Finance Business Partner (National) in meetings / discussions when necessary and appropriate
Please Note: The role will require travel to regional sites in accordance with duties
Skills and experience required:
- Part qualified accountant/ AAT Qualified
- Good understanding of the effective use of accounting systems
- Microsoft NAV and Cognos skills desirable
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Do you want to join our team?
If so, please click "Apply Now and we will be in contact with you shortly!