Ireland’s largest hospital. Europe’s most complex station development. World-class biomedical research laboratories. At BakerHicks, we provide an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results.
Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
About the role
As part of a successful and growing mechanical services department, you’ll provide direct support to the Engineers whilst joining a team that’s been delivering industry leading design solutions for decades. Your organisational and communication skills will help you interact with internal and external contacts to deliver projects within time, quality and budget constraints. You’ll also work closely with the Senior Engineer, playing an integral role in the driving of quality standards and the development of the team as a whole.
Who we’re looking for
- Provide appropriate levels of Building Services design to a range of different buildings types.
- Works to own initiative and will be required to supervise trainees and other graduates as experience is gained.
- To be able to effectively contribute towards and in the future lead and manage packages of work.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief.
- Liase with others members of the team to determine and define the client brief
- Design and specify all aspects of Building Services in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
- Maintain knowledge of current issues related to current issues related to general construction and specifically Mechanical building services guidelines, standards and regulations
- Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
- Participate in effective presentations to external organisations, clients and peer groups
- Contribute to the development of the Building Services Department as required
- Ensure Quality of delivery
Working at BakerHicks means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, you’ll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development
Our office is conveniently located at Eurocentral, Scotland’s largest industrial park located 12 miles east of Glasgow and 34 miles west of Edinburgh.