£18,000 - £20,000
A global consultancy are looking for an Assistant Ecologist to join their team in Manchester.
The role will be both field and office work.
Your role and responsibilities will be to:
- Work with a national Ecology team
- Assist with desk based studies, surveys and reports
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Assist with field based studies, surveys and reports
- Assist with Preliminary Ecological Appraisals - PEA
- Assist and conduct phase 1 habitat surveys
- Assess sites for protected species and habitats
- Assist with designing and planning surveys
- Assist with ecological mitigation design
- Work across a variety of locations in the UK alongside the Ecology Consultants and conducts the desk based requirements in your local office in Manchester (First choice) or Blackburn.
Your essential requirements:
- Full or associate membership of CIEEM
- Some experience of phase 1 habitat surveys
- Ability to write reports
- Some demonstrable experience in ecological survey, ideally in a consultancy environment but other experience will be considered, including voluntary work
- IT skills
- Knowledge of environmental/ wildlife legislation
- Honours degree in Ecology or similar
- Understanding of and experience in Phase 1 Habitat, NVC and other botanical surveys Experience of protected species surveys
- Working toward or holder of relevant licences (particularly Class 2 Bat and/or Great Crested Newt licences)
- Working towards Species Survey Licences for England and/or Wales (e.g. great crested newts, bats, & white clawed crayfish, dormice etc)
- Confident and highly motivated with good communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
This role will involve travelling around to different sites with another member of the Ecology Team and will require you to commute to the office based in Manchester/ Blackburn when not in the field.
You will also be required to work a variety of hours including unsociable hours in order get the task done.
This is working for huge organisation whom are best across the UK. If you are unable to get to one of the North West offices there could potentially be other alternative options worst case scenario.
It will be a one - two stage interview and is to start sooner rather than later/
To apply please contact Jennifer on 0161 247 8802 or email
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.