Our client is looking for an Assistant Company Lawyer on a 12 month FTC, reporting directly to the Head of Legal & Company Secretary to join their team based at their modern headquarters in the centre of Leeds.
They are an FCA regulated investment company and one of eight nationally pooled pension funds. They manage and oversee the investment of £43 billion pensions assets belonging to twelve like-minded Local Government Pensions Scheme funds. They are responsible for asset management through both internal and external management with a number of investment vehicles, including an Authorised Contractual Scheme.
As a commercial lawyer you will be positioned within the very heart of the business as the legal function is integral to the whole operation. You'll need to be a qualified solicitor who can work autonomously and a commercially minded pragmatist, who is likely thrive in an environment where the relationship between the legal and commercial issues are entwined. As a trusted legal advisor, you will be negotiating and drafting a variety of complex and high value commercial and contractual matters such as tenders, variations and ongoing contractual matters as well as supporting fund launch projects and dealing with risk management and compliance issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with an array of contracts and procurement where we must comply with the public contract regulations
- Working with senior management and key stakeholders to advise and provide legal support during the commercial tendering (often using public sector procurement frameworks) and negotiation phases
- Work with colleagues to support new fund launches.
- Take a lead legal role on projects, providing valid and commercial legal advice and viable solutions
- Accountable for the implementation of policies and regulations such as GDPR and Freedom of Information Act requirements.
- Support the Company Secretariat team in the provision and development of governance requirements.
Essential Skills and experience:
- A commercial lawyer with circa 2-4 years PQE,
- Experience in of Financial Services would be useful,
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and engage at all levels, liaising on a regular basis with senior management.
Desirable Skills and experience:
- In-house experience
- Company Secretarial experience would be useful but is not essential.
- Fund/Asset management experience
- Experience of Public Procurement, GDPR and/or Freedom of Information would be useful but not essential.
In return for your hard work we offer a competitive salary and benefits including 30 days holiday and support for professional development along with exceptional exposure to a wide range of interesting work within a dynamic business.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.