Assistant Buyer- Home décor, Gifting, Lighting and New trends
Role Profile and Client Information
My client, a successful and trend led supplier of high-quality products is recruiting for an Assistant Buyer to join the Buying team in the Home and Gifting team. As an Assistant Buyer, you'll work closely with the Directors of the company to ensure the departments achieve sales, stock and margin targets through the development of the product range.
A key responsibility for this role will be to build and maintain strong working relationships with the Far East supplier base, attending and contributing to meetings as and when required. You will also be required to plan and carry out shopping and benchmarking trips, identifying opportunities with the Buyer in regards to prices, range width, gaps or over-ranging, equipment, POS & VM, to ensure we stay ahead of our competitors within the current market.
You'll be required to attend Trade Shows, in the UK and overseas, producing reports and feeding back your findings to the wider team and will take an active role within buying & supplier meetings, you'll also be able to identify sales on the Range Monitor, proposing actions against forecasts and budgets where appropriate.
Supporting the MD, you'll contribute to selection meetings, commenting on future trends and competitor ranges using knowledge gained from competitor shopping trips and external research.
The successful candidate will be experienced within a Trainee or Assistant Buying role, be able to think commercially and have the ability to work independently.
This is an exciting opportunity for an established Assistant Buyer who wants to work for a leading brand that is continuing to go places!
- Management of the critical path
- Supporting the team, and dealing with a turnover of £5 million
- Reports into the Senior Buyer
- Contribute to the creative direction of the range
- Development of product and the understanding of future trends
- Negotiating cost prices with suppliers
- Required to attend Trade Shows, in the UK and overseas
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the Far East supplier base
- Plan and carry out shopping and benchmarking trips
- Contribute to selection meetings, commenting on future trends and competitor ranges
Skills & Experience
- Home décor, Gifting, Lighting and New trends experience
- Experienced within a Trainee or Assistant Buying role
- Experience of reporting into a Senior Buyer
- Knowledge of department and business performance
- Ability to learn and experience the travel trips to China
- Think commercially and have the ability to work independently
Remuneration and Key Information
20 days holiday
Working hours 8:30-5pm
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com
£25,000.00 - £28,000.00 per year