Assistant Area Finance Manager/ Management Accountant who has a good accounting background and strong financial management experience which includes producing and evaluating financial reports is required for a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust.
SALARY:£32,500 - £39,400 per annum (Subject to experience & qualifications)
BENEFITS:25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, NEST Pension Scheme, Annual Conference and Career Development Opportunities
LOCATION:The role involves travel between Bristol, Frome and Exeter with occasional travel to other schools
JOB TYPE:Full-Time, Permanent
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for anAssistant Area Finance Manager who has a good accounting background and strong financial management experience which includes producing and evaluating financial reports.
Working as the Assistant Area Finance Manager you will support the Area Finance Manager and the successful development of three schools by delivering first class management information, plans & forecasts. The role involves travel between Bristol, Frome and Exeter with occasional travel to other schools.
Reporting to the Area Finance Manager in Leicester although based in the South West,you will provide the appropriate financial advice, guidance and support to three current schools in the area.
As the Assistant Area Finance Manager, you will be highly motivated and efficient individual who can work on the their own but be part of the wider centralised Finance Function. You will be dealing with a wide variety of people at all levels, so you must be an effective communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work across the trust.The ability to prioritise a busy workload is essential, as is the need to meet deadlines of varying timescales. You will be prepared to work flexibly, independently, sometimes under pressure, and always with a ‘can and will do’ attitude.
As the Assistant Area Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the preparation of appropriate budget monitoring reports, monitoring spend against budget/reforecast and to ensure that the expenditure remains within the prescribed limits.
Planning, prioritising and consistently delivering work to a high standard and by the required deadline will be a key part in the success of this position.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- The successful candidate will ideally be a fully or partially qualified (ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA) or have the equivalent demonstrable experience with ideally within the school’s sector.
- Strong experience of financial management to support the day to day operations of a business or significant auditing experience of a variety of businesses
- Experience of accounts and financial reconciliation and the ability to produce and evaluate financial reports.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with and developing effective collaborative working relationships with stakeholders
- Evidence of submitting reports and returns to external organisations
- Proven track record of administering and contributing to budget planning and forecasting
- Experience in using/exposure to different accounting systems and ability to provide bespoke reporting
- Relevant experience of accounting and managing budgets
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative taking
- Well-developed analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Develop and maintain effective record keeping
- Understand the financial cycle, cash flow and financial summaries
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- Advanced excel knowledge
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Accountancy Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bristol, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk
(Subject to experience & qualifications)