We are seeking Assistant Animal Technicians for our Safety Assessment site in Elphinstone, Tranent (close to Edinburgh).
As an Assistant Animal Technician, you will join a dedicated team involved in caring for a variety of laboratory animal species in a wide range of pre clinical studies. You will carry out general husbandry tasks in compliance with written instructions, also participation in the technical aspect of studies
We offer comprehensive training which is linked to a career progression programme to help further your career.
You will be required to participate in the overtime rota, weekends & weekday evenings, for which additional payments will be made.
Specific criteria that you are required to meet include:
- You will show a caring self motivated attitude to animal welfare and continuous improvement.
- Enthusiasm, work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Strong desire to work with animals combined with a high level of empathy and respect.
- Ability to complete tasks without deviating from written procedures
- Competent data recording without errors
- Motivation to commit yourself to the demands of a busy working environment.
- The ability to work independently as well as being a good team player
You ideally will have at least 5 Standard Grades but willingness to learn, commitment and enthusiasm are more important.
Salary banding for this position is £16,560
Whilst this vacancy is suitable for people with no prior experience, applications from more experienced candidates, particularly with a Home Office License are also welcome, with salaries on offer reflecting the experience and qualifications of the candidate.