Assistant Accountant - Jaguar Land Rover, Norwich
Assistant Accountant Role - To provide effective and efficient accounting support to the Market Area Dealership Accountant.
Assistant Accountant Core duties: To Support the Accountant within the following areas:-
- Ensure accuracy of the Daily Operating Chart with full Vehicle Stock Book reconciliation on a real-time basis
- Perform Cost base analysis.
- Provide KPI/Variance/Trend analysis as required and other requests for information
- Prepare and review management accounts variance analysis for management review.
- Prepare Finance & Insurance reconciliation.
- Ensure purchase invoices are passed in a timely manner by management team.
- Liaison with manufacturer and finance houses re unpaid / overdue commissions, bonuses etc.
- Keeping working capital under control:-
- Vehicle stocks / stock profile
- Stock funding
- Parts Stocks
- Work In Progress
- Non-Credit (“Cash”) debtors
- Vehicle debtors
- Credit control disputes assigned to managers - ensure they are resolved within an acceptable timescale
- Liaise with Finance Centre with account queries.
- Review customer deposits ensuring accuracy.
- Site specific balance sheet account maintenance and reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly accounts, month end pack and year end pack to meet required deadlines.
- Prepare and submit Manufacturer Composite / other required info to manufacturer standard of accuracy and deadlines.
- Assist with company statutory audits e.g. BSA, BS Reviews, Internal Audits.
- Review VAT exception analyses and give clear instructions relevant to any corrections, and ensure VAT processes are adhered to e.g. disabled sales.
- Monthly Stock check support and compliance.
- Ensure Purchase Order control complies to company policy.
- Ensure Banking procedures and vehicle release/handovers comply with company policy.
- Support Sales Admin with account based queries.
- Ad-hoc duties as per Accountants request.
Core Skills Required
Able to interact effectively with others both on site and remotely.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to work and people and adaptability to a changing workplace environment.
- Kerridge Rev 8.35 experience preferable.
- Confident using Excel 2010.
- Proven experience of working within an accounts environment and able to perform complex reconciliations.
- AAT qualified or at least some formal accounts training would be preferable.
- Would suit a candidate looking to train, develop and progress within a commercial accounting environment.
An Accounts Assistant will receive a competitive salary, we also offer great benefits including:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount gym membership
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
Click Here To Apply