Are you an AAT qualified Accountant looking for an exciting new challenge?
If so IrvinGQ now have a fantastic opportunity available for an Assistant Accountant to join our team based in Llangeinor on a 12-month Maternity Cover Contract.
In return for your hard work as our Assistant Accountant, you can expect to receive a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits, including:
- Working a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday
- Pension scheme (employer contribution up to 6.5%)
- Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Subsidised canteen
- Free tea and coffee
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Assistant Accountant will be required to assist in the efficient running of the Finance Department. Key responsibilities include:
- Reconcile labour with Payroll and Operations (including resolution of time sheet queries)
- Reconcile Order Book, complete the Roll out of Sales and new Order Bookings
- Reconciliation of Actual Sales & Cost of Sales (including split by Materials, Labour & Overhead)
- Sales Commissions
- Compilation of Cost of Sales Forecast
- Co-ordination of Capex (Additions, Disposals, Depreciation calculations, Forecasts)
- Fixed Assets Control & Maintenance, including Monthly Reconciliations and Annual Audit
- MoD Levy Accruals
- TDG Revenue Recognition analysis of orders > $250k (Quarterly)
- Assist Finance Manager with MoD Cost Statements and associated audits
- Assist with Annual Plan process
- Complete applicable Statistical Returns
What do you need?
- AAT Qualified, related degree or part professionally qualified
- Logical approach to problem solving and analysis
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
- Excel Experience (to an advanced level)
- SYSPRO experience preferred but not essential
- Self-motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic
- Good general communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
IrvinGQ's key business is based around Naval Decoy Systems, Parachutes, Aerial Delivery Equipment and Services. IrvinGQ is a directly-reporting division of Transdigm Group Inc, a $3billion turnover US public company, which operates in the Aerospace and Defence market.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Assistant Accountant, then we want to hear from you, please click apply!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.