Our client, a franchised vehicle dealership in the EN postcodearea is currently looking to recruitan Assistant Accountant to join theirbusy Accounts team.This is an exciting, fast paced role that willinvolve interacting with departments and developing your accounts skills.
*** To successfully apply for this role, you will possesa strong accounts background within the Motor Trade. ***
Main Responsibilities of an Assistant Accountant:
You will be working within the accounts team, completing regular accounting tasks but will also to be involved in up and coming and ongoing projects. You will need to haveenough knowledge and confidence to be able to work on your regular asks and duties,but also projects that will be interesting and varied.
You will need to have:
- Excellent all-round accounting experience, including experience of vehicle debtors, sales ledger, purchase ledger, and reconciliations as a very minimum.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel experience (VLookups, Pivot tables)
- Motor-trade experience and agood working knowledge using Kerridge/Drive - this is essential
- Month-end nominal ledger and reconciliation experience
- Journal processing experience
- Weekly/monthly report monitoring analysis
- Vehicle stock books knowledge would be preferable
- A can do attitude, an exemplary academic and stable work history record
- Strong and confident communication skills, both verbally and written
- Initiative, tenacity and confidence to make decisions in a role where you work within a team but you are responsible for managing your tasks and your own activities, daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
- Ideally you will be studying for an Accountancy qualification either part or fully AAT qualified (or other accounting qualification).
Benefits:23 days annual holiday plus bank holidays/Employee discount schemes/Pension scheme life assurance.
If you would like to hear more about this role and others within the Motor Trade, please contact Adam Curtis of ACS Automotive Recruitment Consultancy