In this role candidate's duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Producing monthly accounts to trial balance
- Maintaining the purchase and sales ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Process payroll
- Dealing with any supplier queries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Processing of journals, accruals and prepayments
- Managing business cashflow
- Ad hoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Proven experience in a bookkeeping role is essential (at least two years)
- AAT or equivalent accounting background
- Working knowledge of SAGE software (ideally Sage 50)
- Good computer literacy, in particular, Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Problem solving abilities and willingness to use your own initiative to drive improvements in processes
The position of Assistant Accountant/Bookkeeper will offer a competitive salary dependent on experience. The organisation is based in Edinburgh.
A business based in Edinburgh are currently looking for a Bookkeeper to join their team and be the focal point for their accounts department.