Role: Asset Manager
Reporting to: Head of Asset Management
Direct Reports: Onsite Team Associates
LIV is a leading build to rent and residential block management company, delivering services nationwide. We currently manage tens of thousands of apartments in the UK and are involved in numerous schemes at different stages of development. Our clients include major developers and global investment funds and we also represent thousands of leaseholders nationwide.
The diversity of our client base calls for an integrated team approach and our experts strive to deliver value to our clients through clear, innovative thinking and timely solutions. We are also firm believers that you create your own success! As an entrepreneurial business we recognise and promote individuals who show potential to commit and grow with the business.
LIV is part of Cortland, who wish to develop 10,000 BTR units in the UK over the next 5-7 years commencing with our first 486-unit BTR residential development in Watford.
As an Asset Manager you will be responsible for leading the operations of your own BTR portfolio comprised of apartment home communities. With a strong focus on a holistic delivery model and onsite team management, you’ll be encouraged to take an entrepreneurial approach to ensure customer and investor satisfaction. Other key roles you’ll play are:
The Business Executive
- Accountable for the day to day operational delivery of your residential portfolio and have the ability to draw upon your extensive property experience
- Consistently assess portfolio performance and identify opportunities for improvement, both from a customer experience and financial perspective
- Have the motivation to outperform portfolio SLAs, KPIs and other metrics by making decisive and clear decisions
- Operate with a forward-thinking mindset that sets a positive tone and encourages your team to make the right decisions based on your coaching and leadership
The Team Leader
- Lead your team from the front and display a true understanding of what exceptional service delivery should look like
- Encourage an environment within your team that enables them to strive for greatness and gives them the opportunity to be passionate about their roles
- Keep your team focused and enthused on the key deliverables by hosting relevant and insightful meetings with strategic outcomes
- Immerse yourself and your team within LIV’s core values and ensure these are visible through in your daily approach to tasks
The Financial Advisor
- Display an in-depth understanding of managing budgets and executing financial success in your partnership with the wider team
- Identify trends, forecasts and financial risks by being in the numbers at all times, and have the ability to positively influence the figures through your operational expertise
- Form constructive partnerships within the wider business to deliver the best in class service, including marketing, finance, service desk, training and compliance
THE IMPACT YOU CAN MAKE
- You thrive in the fast-paced, challenging day-to-day life of your communities, where you’re accountable for the success of many.
- Your teams are highly motivated and know that they can always turn to you for inspiration on how to find solutions to any problem that arises.
- Your portfolio’s operations are in lockstep with each asset’s business plan, and each of your communities is performing in line with strategic goals.
- Understand the importance of regular onsite meetings and travelling to your communities to fully appreciate the service offering to our customers.
YOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF SUCCESS
- Solid background in asset or property management for a multisite operation, with P&L management
- Exceptional reporting capabilities and can analyse and clarify trends
- Project planning, organisation and adhering to strict deadlines
- University degree or relevant industry training (IRPM, ARLA, RICS)
- Demonstrated success with innovative, large team leadership
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior record of improving business results and sophisticated business plan execution
- Diehard commitment to empathetic, creative customer service
THE LIV DIFFERENCE
At LIV we understand that client service delivery and a focus on the resident experience sits at the heart of what we do. We put our customers and our residents first and enjoy the part we play in building vibrant, new communities.
We have worked extensively on large residential developments throughout the UK which has allowed us to develop specific experience and expertise in all the key areas that are relevant to successful management delivery. We are very fortunate to have a talented team and it is their combined experience which ensures we are at the forefront of the industry today.
Many of our competitors talk about what services they provide but we believe what makes us different is that we have been delivering these promises now for several years, at sites across the country.
With LIV’s plans of further expansion, we would be delighted to see whether you believe you are the right person to continue this exciting journey with us.
LIV is an equal opportunities employer.