Global Fixed Income and Currency Group
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.4 trillion, over 250,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management advises institutions, endowments, foundations and families through Asset Management and Wealth Management. Our Wealth Management business includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities and Chase Wealth Management.
Global Fixed Income and Currency Group is one of the Market Leader in Investment Management and has operations in Americas, EMEA and Asia, offering the full range of Fixed Income and Currency products across a wide distribution network.
Due to the growth in the Total Return space, we are looking for an Emerging Markets (EM) Fixed Income Investor to manage our Unconstrained/Total Return Funds, with a primary focus on external credit both high yield and investment grade. The Total Return Business is investing across the full range of EMD Strategies – Local Currency – Credit – Sovereign – and is focusing on selectively picking the best trade ideas and relative value opportunities, while limiting the downside across the asset class. The position is based in London and will require significant coordination with the team head and Global EMD team.
· Primary responsibility will be to manage the Total Return Book of Business (Funds and Mandate)
· Full responsibility to formulate the Credit strategy to deliver significant alpha over and above our client’s target. Using primarily bonds and also derivatives (long/short). Credit Universe will be primarily EM Sovereign and Corporates bonds, both HY and IG
· Formulate asset allocation strategy in coordination with the lead for the Book of Business
· Leverage and Work closely with the Global EMD Credit group to access and implement the best ideas for the Total Return Business
· Provide in depth market views on the credit segment and actively participate in formulating our credit strategy for the EMD group as whole
· Articulate and maintain detailed recommendation and investment views
· Represent the Total Return Business in Marketing effort with clients and the Distribution sale force
· Implement Market best practices and seek to add value to our investment process
Requirements - Profile
· Solid EMD experience and in particular in the Credit space
· Proven Track record as Buy Side Portfolio Manager/Credit Analyst or as a Sell Side Trader
· Ability to detect and articulate asymmetric credit strategies
· Ability to deep dive in Credit names and identify values and trade ideas
· Strong knowledge of Fixed Income Markets
· Excellent macro understand of the global financial markets.
· A strong knowledge of the various EMD financial products
· Attention to detail whilst multi-tasking in a fast moving and demanding environment
· Strong team player with great communication and relationship skills
· Drive and determination coupled with a strong results-orientated work ethic and a natural inclination towards a team based collaborative environment is critical in this job.
· Contribute to and manage projects to enhance team effectiveness and efficiency
What you can achieve from this experience?
The opportunity to work alongside deeply experienced professionals globally, being part of a recognized global platform with an established investment process and operating model. You will be co risk taker in a growing strategy, joining a team of 2 existing portfolio manager. This Strategy has already significant assets under management and is strongly supported by our distribution network. The candidate will access the capabilities and the career potential of a leading Global Financial institution .
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety. Knowledge and competence (as assessed by the firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.