We have an opportunity for an Assessor Trainer in Electrical Installation to join our team at our Chichester Campus. This is a variable hours (Bank) position and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £12.33 per hour.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return as our Assessor Trainer in Electrical Installation we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
As our Assessor Trainer in Electrical Installation you will join a forward-thinking student-centred team. Your work will be predominantly working with apprentices, liaising with employers and monitoring progression of these apprentices.
Key responsibilities of our Assessor Trainer in Electrical Installation:
- Support the learners’ development of vocational competence and the wider skills that relate to employability.
- Train and/or assess learners within the relevant vocational area to awarding organisation standards in a timely manner.
- Apply relevant initial and diagnostic assessment to individualised training plans.
- Agree a training programme of development and assessment in partnership with the employer, setting realistic but challenging goals that meet the learners’ and employers’ needs, and include on and off the job training where required.
- Actively listen, provide feedback and engage learners in planning their individualised training programme through coaching and mentoring; supporting the delivery and achievement of additional qualifications as required.
- Assess learners’ competence in relation to work-related/industry standards.
- Provide workbased practice of the assessment instruments in the EPA where required, give timely and constructive feedback on assessment outcomes and progress, review and set new targets with candidates.
- Complete relevant documentation in an accurate and organised manner, ensuring candidates are monitored and assessed against awarding body standards.
- Meet regularly with relevant curriculum and pastoral staff to ensure candidate progress is updated.
- Attend regular standardisation/team meetings, as required.
- Meet regularly with the Lead IQA to ensure learner progress is updated.
Our ideal Assessor Trainer in Electrical Installation should have the below skills and experience:
- Literacy and numeracy to level 2
- Relevant industry experience and a qualification in that industry to level 3
- You will have an assessor qualification
- Worked with apprentices either in an FE environment or within your current or previous employment
If you would like to learn more about our Assessor Trainer in Electrical Installation role then please click ‘Apply’ today!
There are no guaranteed minimum hours of work for this role.
Closing date: Thursday 6th June 2019
Interview date: Thursday 24th June 2019
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.