Applications are invited for an Assembly Engineer position in the Quantum Information Group at Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. Appropriate training will be given and the successful applicant will work within a team responsible for manufacturing fibre optical communication systems.
- Assemble communication systems according to instructions
- Record keeping
- Inventory maintenance including component ordering
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Confident to handle electrical and optical components
- Able to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Able to work individually or as a team member
- Experience in electronics/optics manufacturing sector
- Mechanical workshop experience
- A degree in Physics, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
Keeping personal data safe and secure is one of the greatest challenges posed by the rapid development of today’s information technology. To meet this challenge, Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) has emerged as a revolutionary technology that allows the distribution of digital keys needed for data protection with security guaranteed by the laws of quantum physics. Unlike existing technologies based on public key cryptography, QKD is future proof and is not vulnerable to technological advances in mathematics, engineering, computing power and even quantum computers.
Toshiba Research Europe Limited has been at the leading position in the development of high speed QKD systems in the past decade. It has developed the first Quantum Cryptography system operating over 100 km of fibre and the first to operate with a secure key rate of 10 Mbit/sec. Toshiba’s systems have been selected to serve long-haul fibre links in the first UK Quantum Network.
Applicants should send a CV, contact details of three referees and a covering letter, to:
Dr A J Shields, Assistant Managing Director
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd., Cambridge Research Laboratory
208 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road
Cambridge. CB4 0GZ UK.
competitive salary and benefits