Armoury Supervisor (ASSU792)
Aspire Defence Services Limited is working alongside the Ministry of Defence, the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and our partners to deliver a modern, fully serviced, flexible living and working environment across the four garrisons in Aldershot and Salisbury Plain for over 18,700 soldiers. If you would like to be part of this exciting, thriving organisation, please see our website at www.aspiredefence.co.uk for current vacancies.
Currently, we are recruiting for the following:
Purpose: To supervise the maintenance and repair of all Light weapons, Ordnance, Instruments and all associated stores in accordance with Army Equipment Support Publication (AESP) 1000-A-003-013
To supervise the Armoury and the Armoury Workshop teams in the delivery of their daily duties
* To manage staff in the maintenance, inspection and repair of all Light Weapons inclusive of all types of Rifles, Pistols, Mortars, Heavy and Grenade Machine Guns including their mountings and associated stores.
* Actively promote the "Safety First" policy by reporting all
incidents / accidents to the Helpdesk, whilst ensuring the adoption of
safe working practices always.
* Maintain JAMES for all Light Weapons, Ordnance and Instruments.
Experience & Skills required:
* Recognised Engineering qualification (BTEC, ONC/HNC) or completed an apprenticeship in an appropriate trade which is acceptable to the recognised Authority.
* JAMES experience (Equipment/Repair Manager Level)
* Proven supervisory experience and good communication skills both orally and written.
* Clean driving Licence B Category.
Closing date: 08 February 2019
If you are interested, would like further information and to apply please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Pyle at Gi Group on 01264 332242 and email your CV