Area Sales Manager
Are you a sales professional with a great attitude and work ethic? Does hitting sales targets motivate you? Do you have the skills to develop sales through multi-tiered distributor networks?
If so get in touch today.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of Industrial and Automotive tools. They seek a focused Area Sales Manager / Business Development Manager /Technical Sales Engineer who will develop existing business and hunt new accounts in their chosen market.Here in the UK this successful family owned business sells its professional tool / equipment range via a complex distributor network covering the automotive, industrial and agricultural sectors and are looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager in the Scotland to grow sales through distribution. Technical product knowledge whilst interesting, will be no replacement for an individual with tenacity and sales flair to influence distributors at all levels and increase regional sales.
They have a committed staff who value teamwork and are proud of their achievements. They have grown their business dramatically over the past twenty years and invest heavily in research and development to enhance the products and manufacturing facilities.
Ideal location – Scotland, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dunfermline, Dundee, Paisley, East Kilbride
OTE circa £40k, Generous basic + Commission + Car + Benefits + Pension+ Lunch Allowance
The successful candidate will be an accomplished Area Sales Manager preferably with experience of the Agricultural, Automotive, Refinish, Industrial Tool or Engineering markets.
- Good experience and knowledge promoting products to distributors.
- Organised and highly structured with commercial abilities.
- Confident, flexible and customer focussed.
- Effective communication, presentation and IT skills
- Good negotiator who can persuade and influence.
- Results orientated and target driven.
- Have a track record developing new business and spotting opportunities to grow existing accounts.
- Be committed and value teamwork to promote the company and brand.
- Structured call plan visiting existing and prospective new clients.
- Achieve buy in from the staff of the distributors by presentations of product, promotions and marketing material.
- Train the distributor staff on the features and benefits of the products.
- Grow business with major National and Regional Accounts.
- Develop the stock range with the distributors and get products onto their electronic stock file.
- Implement and maintain a sales and pricing policy.
- Maintain database, customer records and effectively complete sales reports in line with company policy.
- Keep up to speed with competitor activity.
- Maintain customer database.
- Provide relevant reports to the management team.
- Full product training will be given to successful candidate including structured training courses.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Area Sales Manager please forward your CV to Julian Curtis, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Julian directly for a further chat on the job.
Julian is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Julian and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3103JC
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.