The Area Sales Director delivers sales results on pre-determined revenue targets through leadership and management of a regional sales team targeting the accounts in our Strategic space. The Area Sales Director will perform a strategic leadership role by directing and facilitating individual efforts to identify and execute winning opportunities, and will influence outcomes both internally and externally.
The Area Sales Director will enhance the sales process by meeting with strategically important customers and prospects to help close new business. He or she would also ensure that the Regional Sales Directors are operating at a high level of performance, and would prioritize opportunities in accordance with company objectives. Specific responsibilities include: coaching, sales management, and financial management. Accountable for delivering sales results, ensuring a positive customer/prospect experience.
What You'll Do:
- Build a strong, sustainable sales organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent, and rewarding superior performance.
- Directly manage and coach a team of 6-8 enterprise field sellers targeting customer and prospect accounts to exceed bookings expectations.
- Provide insight on the industry and Wdesk during meetings with strategically important customers and prospects.
- Compile and analyze field data to identify existing and prospective customer needs.
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of proven sales growth in the field selling Software as a Service products (SaaS)
- 3+ years of progressive field sales management experience in the software or technology areas.
- 3+ years of success selling complex enterprise deals to large client organizations
- MEDDIC/Force Management or similar sales methodology or similar strongly desired
- Experience selling to the Office of the CFO and Finance & Accounting buyers highly desirable
- Proven Winner in directing a sales team.
- Executive presence; ability to communicate at the most senior level
- Ability to manage multiple complex sales cycles simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize selling activities and follows through in a timely fashion
- Ability to negotiate pricing with a focus on retaining value
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%