Requisition ID: 228611
- Relocation Authorized: National - Single
- Project No.: [[cust_projectNumber]]
- Grade: 29-30
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? Yes
This position is for an Area Project Manager who will work a multi-year United Kingdom (UK) nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi-billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Area Project Manager;
- will take responsibility for delivery of a major project within the programme expected to have a capital value of several hundred million.
- receives functional and operational guidance from the Project Director.
- provides direction to operational support resources allocated to the project.
- Maintains contact with Client representatives and maintains management level relationships with design and construction contractors supplying to the project.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists the Project Director in the overall management of operations and may deputise in the absence of the Project Director.
- Directs assigned project team, includin arranging for engineering, procurement, cost engineering, and other services from other BechteI units; directing field activities; maintaining client relations; controlling schedules and budgets; and participating in contract and subcontract negotiations.
- Serves as the Project Manager on a major project within the programme expected to have a capital value of several hundred million.
- Participates In the planning, staffing, scheduling and budgeting of projects and reviews and approves recommendations submitted by the functional leads in these areas.
- Monitors the progress of the project with respect to schedule, budget and client satisfaction. Directs project teams in the solution of major problems, taking appropriate corrective action when required. Makes frequent visits to the field in this regard.
- Serves as the focal point for the detailed coordination of project activities. Provides day-to-day co-ordination across an integrated team of Bechtel and Client resources in order to achieve overall project objectives.
- Performs performance evaluation, career counselling, salary administration and other personnel actions inherent in managerial positions.
- May support the business development effort of the organization when requested; by providing technical expertise in discussions with prospective clients and by contributing information required for the preparation of proposals. Keeps abreast of business opportunities on assigned projects, and actively participates in developing these opportunities.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering, procurement, construction and other project related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Broad general experience and education; rotation through and exposure to several departments.
- Proficiency and experience in:
- Project Management
- Construction and engineering management
- Change control management
- Staffing, estimating and budgeting & scheduling
- Administration and management
- Business development
- The successful candidate will have;
- attained significant experience in delivery of nuclear infrastructure projects within an operating site environment
- delivered more than one project through the complete lifecycle concept, preliminary, detailed design, construction, start-up and handover
- experience of collating and presenting business cases for successive stage gate approvals at board level
- served as project manager on at least one major project of £100M
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Experienced in the NEC3/NEC4 form of contract in role of Project Manager.
- Will have served in role at PM within an EPC/EPCM delivery model.
- Strong communicator – oral and written.
- Demonstrates effective collaborative and wider nuclear safety culture behaviours at all times.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SC-Security Clearance
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.