Accountable to: Estate Agency Director
Responsible for: A defined multi-function Area of the Spicerhaart Network
Main Purpose of the role:
Responsible for supporting the Estate Agency Director in the implementation and delivery of the Area’s strategic operating plans including sales performance within the income, profit and market share across Estate Agency and Legal Services, with oversight and contribution to Financial Services and Land and New Homes.
Critical Activities/Main duties:
- Listings and Market share driven through a culture of canvassing and prospecting; embeds, owns and actively evidences the Company principles for Canvassing, Prospecting and Market Share to optimise ‘Area’ business opportunities.
- Drives and creates a partnership culture throughout the ‘Area’.
- Operates and supports partnership working across all business streams within the ‘Area’ to maximise operational efficiency.
- To contribute and support the EAD in devising the Area strategy that ensures profitable growth and continuous improvement within the Area. Specific focus will be applied to the role relevant KPIs and Growth of Market Share within the defined territory.
- Builds and develops a highly effective Area Team whilst embedding the core behaviours, values and principles of the Company.
- Ensuring that the ‘Divisional’ operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the Area Team and all employees.
- Contributes to the definition of and delivers the minimum standards across the Area.
- Ensures the Area adheres to the ‘Spicerhaart Way’.
- Creates and drives a culture of coaching that leads to a high performance culture (best in class ethos).
- Leads and motivates the Area business at all times.
- Works collaboratively with the wider business to ensure that the Area strategy for recruitment, retention, training, coaching and developing is aligned to the ‘Divisional’ goals.
- Effectively implements Company and Business Policy within the Area.
- Represents the Area (is known as the professional face of the Area both internally and externally).
- Ensuring the implementation of and compliance with ‘Divisional’ operational planning and financial control systems.
- Regular monitoring of the Area operating and financial results against plans and budgets, with an aim to improve and increase profitability.
- With the agreement of the EAD takes remedial action where necessary.
- Accountable for the legal and commercial compliance throughout the Area business.
- Supports the EAD in creating a culture of innovation.
- Throughout the Area, creates a universal knowledge and understanding and commits to the adoption of HR process and best practice including recruitment & selection, training & development, activity and performance management and employee relations.
- Takes personal accountability for the retention of staff, intervening personally where appropriate to ensure no regretted leavers.
- Ensures engagement in local marketing initiatives.
- Establishes, owns and is responsible for the results of the internal audit and compliance processes within their area.
- Ensure Health and Safety of all colleagues and all reporting is carried out in compliance and legislation and company policies and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for the Brands reputation within the public forum and B2B with Review platforms playing a key role within this.
- Forms part of and contributes richly to the Divisional Management team as a Member of the Management team.
- Works with and supports the Partnership Director to recruit high caliber, industry leading estate agency professionals (or equivalent experience) into the desired Hub and Partnership locations in line with Spicerhaart’s Growth plan
Role Specific Competencies:
- People Management; ability to motivate a workforce, to undertake high level and detailed staff 1:1s and reviews with a focus on performance and development of individual reports
- Strategic Management; provides clear direction and purpose to all Area staff
- Effectively, contributes to, communicates and drives Change – gains buy in at the earliest opportunity
- Personal Impact; evidences knowledge and competence daily as a role model within their environment.
- Uses Influencing Strategies
- Understands and predicts market trends across Area business streams in order to react/forecast appropriately
- Marketing experience; understands and responds to Area requirements
- Champions and conducts the basics; canvassing, prospecting, social media, video, FLINK, 5 star reviews, door knocking, On Market-Off Market
- Assess, appraise, evaluate; challenge the status quo
- Moves the business forward; builds & sustains Long Term Performance & Capacity
- Embeds a culture of self-belief and confidence
- Understands the business and is able to operate in a multi-faceted ‘One Team’ Area operation
- Remotely leads and manages a range of Partners to successfully grow the core area and “take” the market share from the opposition
- Regularly reviews and intervenes with Partners in order to aid them in the growth of their personal businesses
- Identifies and implements initiatives to improve the Area for the short, medium and longer term
- Creates a sense of shared vision and excitement for change across the Area
- Creates a collaborative culture across the Area
- Works with the key decision makers and influencers within the ‘Division’ and the wider business to build ‘coalitions’ for mutual benefit
- Acts as a long term mentor and coach within the ‘Division’
- Creates a sense of ‘pride in their Area and inspires others to do their best
- Works effectively with other Area Partners to ensure best practice throughout the Division
- Places an active focus on career planning, Leadership development and succession planning to enable business continuity within the Division and broader Chapter where relevant
- Leads and Coaches as the go to style of communication allowing this to breed within the Area and nurture a coaching culture within the business
- A succinct understanding of how to situationally lead individuals of varying tenure and experience, identifying the style that should be adopted for each member of the Area team
- A role model of fixed base and remote working and remote leadership, demonstrating experience of leading remote geographical Partners and the unique challenges this presents
- Able to train, present and motivate on their feet, over Zoom and through other multimedia interventions to lead a future facing business