Salary and benefits: Competitive salary plus matched pension up to 7.5%, and numerous retail discounts
Business area: Utilities – Virgin Media Consumer
Working in partnership with Virgin media since 2002 Kier Utilities have been responsible for bringing 445,000 connections and 100,000,000m fibre networks every year to customers throughout the UKWe are currently recruiting for an Area Manager who will be responsible for the day to day management of team managers who are focused on supporting and coaching our technician community and moving their team to support the needs of the business. The delivery of a great customer experience and achieving key company KPIs.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Ensure that all work is completed in line with company SOP and other technical documents.
· Carry out monthly one to oneswith team managers highlighting performance levels along with the ability to offer support and direction to meet and exceed targets.
· Deputise for Contracts Manager when necessary
· Analyze resource plan in order to keep contract profitable.
· Ensure your Team Managers spend a minimum of 50% of time supporting and coaching our technician community during their day to day activities.
· Carry out disciplinary and assist team managers as required whilst liaising with HR Team
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Previous experience of managing people – ideally within telecoms instillations
· Must have MS Office skills, especially in Word and Excel
· Ability to manage conflict
· Able to drive / has a valid UK driving license.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.