Job title: Area Manager
Location: South-west London
Competitive Salary & Benefits
You thought your career was moving fast? Join Prime Now, we deliver in one hour!
Amazon.co.uk announced Prime Now, the newest benefit for Prime members, which offers one-hour delivery on over ten thousand items through a mobile app. Prime Now is powered by Amazon’s growing network of fulfilment centres that utilise high-end technology to speed up order delivery times for customers. Now, Prime members can get daily essentials such as coffee, batteries and nappies, as well as other popular items like games consoles, toys and sports equipment, delivered right to their door in an hour or less.
We are looking to hire Area Managers across the UK to join the team that redefines fast delivery and help us build and grow this new service for our customers. This is your chance to make history.
As an Area Manager with Prime Now you will be responsible for a small and agile team of associates. You and your team ensure that the workflow runs smoothly so that all customer wishes are met. Simultaneously you concentrate on the realisation of our most important goals: safety, quality, productivity, inventory accuracy and the constant improvement of our processes. Although this is a supervisory position, it is still very much a hands-on role and you will be expected to be involved in the day-to-day operation of the distribution center.
Area Manager responsibilities:
- You lead and manage a team of associates within a fast-paced environment.
- You are continuously proactive and create a culture of creativity within the workplace.
- You will perform health and safety audits within your area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site, acting on issues and concerns.
- You are a subject matter expert on larger processes and activities within the Fulfilment Centre, ensuring in line with standard work that best practice is shared with other distribution centers within the network.
- You establish collaborative relationships with individuals from other functions, such as facilities and procurement to ensure your area is running at optimum levels in terms of replenishment and workstation maintenance.
- You lead cross-functional teams tasked with solving operational problems.
- You will ensure that appropriate associate engagement programmes are in place that align with the business model for talent management and people development.
- You will partner with the central team to drive business improvements across the network utilising methods such as Kaizen and 5S.
Area Manager basic qualifications:
- You have a degree in logistics, business administration or in another field.
- You are a strong team player and you have previous management experience, managing teams.
- You demonstrate problem solving and analytical capabilities and are able to drive and conduct deep dive analysis on complex processes.
- You have the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
- You are decisive, able to quickly decide in a fast paced environment.
- You are a great motivator.
- You are able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.
Area Manager preferred qualifications:
- Previous work experience in a distribution center, warehouse, retail, grocery business is highly preferred.
About our rewards:
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount. Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
To apply for this Area Manager position, please click on the apply button!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal information with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Competitive Salary & Benefits