Architectural Project Manager Covering South West Area
Gloucestershire, Hereford & Worcester, Shropshire, Staffordshire, West Midlands, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Dyfed, Gwent, Mid Glamorgan, Monmouthshire, Powys, South Glamorgan, West Glamorgan.
To endeavour to secure projects for our customers, ideally through specifications, by advising architects, specifiers, quantity surveyors and main contractors of our products and their capabilities, and promoting the benefits of using the our package.
- To develop good relationships with architects, specifiers and main contractors within the area, with a view to having the company products specified and approved, wherever possible.
- To target selected specifying outlets in a designated area in order to expand the existing specifiers base.
- To obtain leads on potential business.
- To provide technical support to architects/contractors in the design phase of projects with a view to promoting our solutions.
- To keep architectural practices in area up to date on new developments and products within the company.
- To maintain close communication with other APMs and BDMs to maximise potential to secure orders for our customers.
- To keep the APM Team Leader advised on movements and submit monthly reports.
- To complete the required number of personal meetings with specifiers as defined by the APM Team Leader and fully record those visits on CPS.
- To maintain up to date records of all projects and their status on CPS.
- To follow up projects on completion.
- Previous experience in dealing with architects in the target area in particular on matters relating to design and specification.
- Previous experience with the design/construction of facades or building envelopes and familiarity with related structural issues.
- Familiarity with the construction industry in general and the technical / commercial processes which are central features of all significant projects.
- A proven track record of successful business development.
- A technical background (e.g. civil engineering) with a natural ability to deal with technical issues.
- Ability to produce outline technical drawings unaided.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills.
- Patience and diplomacy to pursue long term objectives.
- Self-motivated with the determination to achieve results and win against strong opposition.
- Commercial awareness and judgement to assess priorities and deal with them effectively to achieve business goals.
- An eye for detail and natural creativity.
Ability to plan and manage time efficiently to achieve optimum effectiveness
Plue car, laptop, tablet, iPhone etc.
£40,000.00 - £45,000.00 per year