Since our establishment back in February 2017, we have grown tremendously in such a short space of time. Our years of experience in the dexterity of web development meant that we could incorporate SOS Creativity, and better help those individuals and businesses who wanted to create an impressive looking website and responsive web application.
We are looking for an Apprentice Website Developer to join our friendly and hardworking team. We are looking for a committed, trustworthy, enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude, dedicated and willingness to work hard, sometimes under high production pressure to undergo a level 3 and/or level 4 apprenticeship.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious Individual with passion of coding and Website Development, be a hobbyist coder/developer, spending time in PHP and Word Press.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Build websites, prototypes and applications using WordPress and other latest technologies
- Providing timely solutions to reported problems with existing websites
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice
- Be self-motivated, goal oriented and able to work in a team environment as well as on your own
- Paying meticulous attention to details at all times
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis
- Willingness to learn and self-improve to maintain productivity by staying plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create websites by using Word Press and PHP
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Cooperate with designers to match visual design intent
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- Good knowledge of a programming language
- Strong communication skills
- Logical problem-solving abilities
- Hobbyist coder/developer
- Some knowledge of building WordPress
- Understand the meaning and benefits of responsive websites
- Evidence of work from school or projects they have created in their own time.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and graphics design experience
Desirable, but not required:
- PHP Coding Experience
- Word Press Experience
- SEO Knowledge
- CPanel or similar server experience
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s
- Experience of using Google Analytics
Desired qualification requirements:
5 x GCSE Grades ‘C’ and above, including Maths and English.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
Various shifts – includes: 8am – 3:30pm, 9am – 4:30pm, or 10am – 5:30pm,
35 hours per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£140 per week
Benefits of the role:
- Great opportunity for career progression
- Casual Fridays & Fat Friday on last Friday of the month
- Discount codes to major brands & many more
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.