Our client offers IT services that include IT support, Cyber Security, Disaster Recovery Solutions, Mailing and Productivity Solutions, as well as much more.
Their bespoke software solutions have produced Entrée Visitor and Contractor Management, which is directing the company into the exciting area of being a Software Solutions Provider.
The ideal candidate will be expected to answer and log support calls on our helpdesk.
Tackle simple support issues or escalate the support to the appropriate team.
You will need to be technically minded and it is essential that you are comfortable communicating with individuals, groups and management.
Many of our client’s customers are not completely comfortable with the use of technical jargon. An ability to explain yourself in lay terms is necessary.
You must have an ability to pick up skills and familiarise yourself with software quickly; and stay abreast of latest technologies.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Administer help desk software
- Redirect problems to correct resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Ideally would have some exposure to dealing with IT problems
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
- Maintain focus in high pressure situations
- Have high quality inter-personal skills
- Have sensitivity to the different levels of expertise amongst client users
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- An ability for self-directed learning
- Passion for IT
- 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above (Maths and English essential)
- 28 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Free on-site parking and good public transport links
- Ethical company pension scheme
- Outstanding employee award, 3 times a year
- Whole company away day
- Whole company evening event
- Family atmosphere
- Nurturing environment
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.