Job Title: Apprentice Engineer / Apprentice Field Service Engineer
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: £14,000 to £16,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week - Monday to Friday)
The Company provides robust hydraulic solutions for customers who prefer a partner not just a vendor and is one of the leading European specialists. As professionals in design, manufacture, assembly, service and test, the company pioneers multi-fluid trials to maximise the value of alternative hydraulic fluids. Their goal is to lead development in hydraulic solutions for demanding applications.
The site is conveniently situated approximately 1 mile from the centre of Leeds with easy transport links to both the city centre and the motorway.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated individual looking to start a career in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and be part of a dynamic and growing team. This may suit someone leaving college ready to kick start their career or an individual looking for a change of direction.
The Company is looking for two apprentices eager to learn new skills, whilst having a fully funded apprenticeship sponsorship. You will learn the fundamentals of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering through passed down skills of engineering professionals and also spend one day a week in college (fully paid for by company). It is essential you have an interest in engineering and want to know how things work. You will demonstrate good communication skills, be organised, methodical with attention to detail.
The Apprentice Field Service Engineer, is a "hands on role", with support from a team of engineers you will have an opportunity to travel as part of the role gaining nationwide experience.
Initial learning will include:
- How to use a full range of hand and measuring tools safely
- Shadowing, working with and learning from engineers carrying out assembly and testing of valves and pumps
- Strip, assess and reporting of items returned for repair
- The process from raw material to finished product
- Attending training sessions to increase product knowledge
- Conforming to company health and safety procedures and policies
- Introduction to customers and possible site work
- GCSE Maths & English (minimum Level 6 / C)
- A positive, "can-do & will do" attitude
- Inquisitive, willing to learn and ask questions
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Attention to detail and good communication skills
- Friendly, approachable, flexible & organised
- Company Pension Scheme
- 33 days holiday per year
When applying applicants should provide a covering letter detailing their salary expectations and availability to commence work.
All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Trainee, Apprenticeship, Graduate Engineer, Junior, Engineer, Apprentice, Trainee Engineer, Engineer, Engineering Apprenticeship, Trainee Technician, Service Engineer, Trainee Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Field Engineer, service Technician and Trainee Electrician may also be considered for this role.