Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Job title: Apprentice - Assistant Accountant
Location: Poole, Dorset
Strategic business unit:
Heatric a division of Meggitt (UK) Ltdis a global provider of heat transfer technology with sales offices in Poole, Houston, Rio de Janeiro and Singapore. Heatric provides a truly global and bespoke service to our customers and partners wherever they are operating.
Job Core Responsibilities
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to join the finance team.
You will be provided an excellent work environment to learn the fundamentals of accounting and achieve a recognised accounting qualification.
You will work within the busy finance function of the organisation and will perform a wide variety of accounting tasks including;
- Purchase ledger
- Balance sheets reconciliations
- Basic accruals and repayments
- Nominal Ledger analysis
- Intrastat and VAT Returns
- Financial Project work and Continuous improvements
Key skills and competencies required:
- Strong computer skills including high proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Must be collaborative and a natural team player –
- Must be confident to work with personnel outside of Finance
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable analytical and research skills
- Well-organised, detail-oriented and accurate - with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to gather data and to compile information in a useable way
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
Education Level: (Required): GCSE Maths and English