We have an excellent career opportunity for an Applications Specialist in our Life Sciences Division supporting our sales and service teams across the UK and Ireland. The role has arisen due to the success of the current role holder making an internal move.
The key focus of the role is growing our mass spec revenue in the UK and Ireland by pre-sales activities to support the local sales team, demonstration of our mass spectrometers to customers as well as application support and customer training.
- Pre-sales support by joining the Bruker UK sales force at customer sites for sales visits and sales discussions about Bruker’s mass spectrometry solutions
- Sales support and lead generation, by demonstrating the usage at customer sites during trainings, support events etc.
- Demonstration of Bruker’s mass spectrometry solutions in the Bruker demo lab in Coventry, UK, or at customer sites in the UK
- Processing of sample evaluations for customers and generation of result reports. Presentation of the results to the customers, either onsite or by webex.
- Active participation in conferences, seminars and exhibitions, including booth duty and consultation for interested prospects
- Providing high level customer trainings.
Technical support of our customers to enable them to fully exploit the capabilities of their instrument investments and application support of the service group in case of escalated customer service events
- Background as chemist, food chemist, biologist or pharmacologist with a focus on analytical chemistry
- Practical experience in using mass spectrometry technology. Proven proficiency in chromatographic separations would be preferable.
- A thorough understanding of the role of mass spectrometry, in particular LC/MS, as well as of its challenges in the area of chemical analysis
- Excellent ability and willingness to communicate and closely interact with our customers.
- Willingness to travel within UK/Ireland for approx. 40-50% of the time. International travels possible as well (internal trainings and meetings, participation in instrument demonstrations in the European lab in Bremen, Germany, potential support of other territories on a case-per-case basis)
- Experienced PC user with knowledge of MS Office
- Continuous customer support via emails and phone calls in a timely manner
- high customer orientation
- Flexibility, the ability to work in a team, self-motivation and commitment.
- Home-office or office-based in ourfacilitiesin Coventry, Durham, or Glasgow,UK