As the Applications Subject Matter Expert within Roke you will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will work closely alongside our defence clients to ensure that innovative and effective solutions are developed for the UK armed forces.
Roke provides technology innovation and consultancy to a variety of military users and are seeking talented engineers to support our growing team of specialists within Future Deployed Tactical Communications and Information Systems (CIS).
What will your role look like?
You will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic programmes and business-critical initiatives, more specifically producing technical performance specifications for applications.
Your remit would also cover large-scale engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
What do we expect from you?
You should have technical and general competencies in the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of Military Communications and Information Systems (CIS) within the Military Deployed Tactical Environment
- Technical subject matter expertise in land CIS applications including their operation with low bandwidth and/or intermittent bearers
- Familiarity with modular application design and associated human factors
- The ability to support the Technical Authority in the projects system design and conduct formal technical reviews
- The ability to undertake technical assessments and testing
- A general awareness of Systems Engineering and Systems Modelling & Simulation
- A proven track record in stakeholder engagement, both internal and external
- The ability to work either independently or as part of a team and under pressure, whilst prioritising the work effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
You will ideally be degree qualified (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based experience.
What can we offer in return?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, an employee assistance program and a contributory pension that will enable you to effectively save for the future.
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements; support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, you will either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.