Applications Engineer EMEA
The Applications Engineer role will focus on developing quotations for the EMEA region and supporting the sales team in developing and growing Zeeco's installed power based products comprising:
Boiler Burners, Duct Burners, Light-Up Burners, Start-Up Burners, Ignition Systems, Flame Scanners, Fuel Valve Skids, Burner Management Systems, Combustion Control Systems.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate previous sales success and technical knowledge within the power industry or valves and control industry. The role will primarily be office based however a key aspect of the role will be the requirement to travel, often at short notice, to customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals for customers
- Work with suppliers building accurate costs for quotations that meet the clients specifications
- Correspondence with Zeeco's customers to ensure the quotations meet the customers' expectations technically and commercially
- Carrying out process/combustion calculations and product
- Follow up on proposals and attend clarification meetings as required
- Commercial negotiations and order closure working alongside the sales team
- Presenting both internally and to customers at their location
- Visiting customers at both sites and offices to attend meetings as required across Europe and the Middle East.
- Build relationships with complimentary suppliers and service groups to assist our customers and grow Zeeco business
The successful candidate shall possess the following essential skills and attributes:
- Highly motivated, versatile and able to work on their own and as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively by telephone, email and face to face.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Previous experience with internal or external sales within a relevant industry
- Previous internal or external sales experience
- Industrial Burner / Hot Water / Steam boiler/ HRSG /Petrochemical /Refinery or Combustion background/experience. Training will be provided to the right candidate, but some experience is preferred.
- Degree in engineering desirable.
The successful candidate must live within a 1-hour commute of the Rutland office, be able to drive and have their own form of transport.